I was rather disappointed to find that it does not work with Firefox - you need an Internet Explorer ActiveX control to view the video images. This means it will not work on my Linux computers as supplied by the manufacturer.
- The camera gets its network configuration by DHCP (despite what the quick start guide says) so by checking the DHCP deamon log you can find its IP address.
- You can access its configuration screen with a web browser (default username admin, password 1234)
- Receive a snapshot picture using http://
- Download a mjpeg video stream using wget http://admin:email@example.com/mjpg/video.mjpg. (I don't know how to display this in real time though - mplayer doesn't seem to work).
- Some other things are detailed here.
- Someone has written a tcl application that works with a similar camera, but not this one (see here).
The most up to date information I have on using this camera with linux can be found at http://ic-3010wg.webhop.net.