It turns out that it is actually a little single board computer running linux, so I have to see what I can do with it.
Fortunately some other people have made a start as shown here. Most importantly they show that if you point your web browser at the musicpal and log in, you can run an extra CGI script as http://
Once you have switched the telnet server on you can log into the machine as root and have a look around.
To do anything interesting with it there will be three main requirements:
- Read the keyboard (well the buttons on the device anyway!)
- Display things on the screen.
- Play music files.
The codes returned are:
- Fav - 1
- Menu - 2
- Volume Button Press - 4
- Volume Button Clockwise - V
- Volume Button Anti-Clockwise - v
- Select Button Press - 8
- Select Button Clockwise - N
- Select Button Anti-Clockwise - n
- No Key Pressed - T