Saturday 8 January 2011

A "Hacking Embedded Linux Devices" wiki site?

I have done a bit of work trying to hack cheap consumer devices to run different software - NSLU2, mediaMVP, musicPal, edimax IP Cameras etc.   I have also had a look at 'off the shelf' single board computers like bifferboard.
Whenever I start I have the difficult learning curve of trying to remember how to set up a cross compiler, cross compile libraries and link them into new software.
I also think it would be useful to have a nice list of which devices have been successfully hacked and which ones are difficult.
I am thinking of setting up a site to collate such basic information, which could then link out to the more specific project sites.
Unless anyone knows of one already?

I think it would need a wiki to store most of the information, and an email discussion group.  I wonder how best to do it - there are google sites and google groups, wikispaces, pbworks.

Any suggestions on the best way to do this?

No comments: